For those of you just joining us, you may want to start with The Dopamine Challenge.
I am not only committed to the 21-day challenge, BUT I am going to share my daily gratitudes and my daily journal here with you! In preparing for this journey, I remembered that many years ago, while living in Russia as a full-time missionary for our church, I was having a hard time. Life wasn’t easy, and to reverse my own downward emotional trend, I started keeping a daily “Happy List.” I continued to add to that list long after I returned from Russia, and it is still one of my most prized possessions in the world – meaning it’s in my top five “grab it if the house is on fire” items.
I bought a new notebook today so I can keep a daily written record of gratitude, or in my case – my Happy List. Once I started making my list, I found it difficult (not like I was trying) to keep myself to just three.You may discover you have similar things that make you happy, or you may have very different kinds of items on your list. I don’t think it matters. This is about what elicits gratitude within you.
- Being called a “Renaissance Woman” by my friend AJ.
- Getting LOTS of hits to my Dopamine Challenge article!
- Finding my missing Happy List from Russia
- Impromptu Xanadu singalong with Rachel
- Productive networking lunch with Tommy
- Playing Muppet Monopoly while singing with the newest Muppet soundtrack
- Valentine surprises one day early
- Great early morning run
- Successful practice with Heather via Skype
- Having my whole day turn to positive with just one phone call and a gentle reminder
My younger sister, Rachel, came over this evening, bringing happiness with her. We enjoyed supper, visiting, an impromptu Glee-worthy vocal performance of Suspended in Time (from Xanadu – which should also be on my Happy List), and finished the evening with muffins hot from the oven and a game of Muppet Monopoly. While we were playing the game, we all sang (loudly) the entire soundtrack from the newest Muppet movie: The Muppets.
What were your three new gratitudes from Day One, and what was your positive experience?
If you like this post, you can subscribe to receive regular doses of encouragement and inspiration to help you on your way: