We are at the Dopamine Challenge halfway mark today! I haven’t heard from many of you in a while, so how’s it going? This morning I realized that by tracking my gratitudes each day, I am always looking for the positive perspective to every situation. And as I re-frame the world around me, the world around me starts to shift on its own. I’m starting to slow down more, take in my surroundings, and really focus on being present. I like the way it feels. There’s not the same sense of urgency to check off so many things on my list, as there is a peace of mind that comes from knowing I did what needed to be done, and appreciated my experiences throughout the day.
The Other Three
- Exercise – done
- Meditate – done
- Kindness – done
- 72 degrees in February
- Reconnecting with Lavonne over oatmeal
- Feeling compassion for another person
- peanut butter
- Nathan commenting on my page
- Sweet email from Jamie
- “Who is missing right here?” with Clark
- An evening at home
- A new apron from Lavonne
- Reminder to journal the journey
- Having all the ingredients in my kitchen to make what I want
- Bobbijean’s reminder that time with our children isn’t about “taking a turn”
Eleanor Roosevelt said, “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
Today I was courageous in the face of my past. Today I confronted a bully. Today I stood up for what is right. Today I defined appropriate. Today I remained calm. Today I was in control. Today I made the rules. Today I spoke my truth. Today I wasn’t afraid any more. Today I did something that no longer scares me.
Ms. Roosevelt, with all due respect, today I didn’t listen.If you like this post, you can subscribe to receive regular doses of encouragement and inspiration to help you on your way:
Very nice Arminda! I too try to live in gratitude every day. It’s really hard to feel sorry for yourself when you are happy and thankful about even the simplest things. It’s nice to know that there are others out there thinking like me. The world would be a better place if we got EVERYONE on board!! I enjoyed reading your lists. Thanks for letting me know I’m not alone. Your gratefulness posts spawned my gratefulness and it should go on and on, just like that. Have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
Rachel the sister says
LOVE the apron!
1. It’s Friday.
2. It feels amazing outside.
3. I feel better today than I did yesterday!
4. Truliant worked with me halfway….better than not at all!
5. My birkenstock sandals.
6. The reason I feel gross.
7. Ryan loving dinner last night.
8. The fact that I made dinner last night!
9. CC snuggles.